Congratulations to Periodicals Committee

  • Heather Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2009
      I would like to congratulate the Periodicals Committee for their
      outstanding work on all tasks but also especially for the award they
      have recently received - Winning the Genealogical / Historical
      Society Journal award from the National Geographic Society.
      Great job and I'm pleased that both of you Xenia & Rosemary could
      attend the conference and receive the award and honours in person.

      Heather
      Message 2 of 2 , May 17, 2009
        Hi Heather,

        Thanks, but a typo in your message. It is the National Genealogical Society
        and the award is in the category for County or Local Genealogical or
        Historical Society Newsletter.

        Ottawa won in the Major Genealogical or Historical Society Newsletter and
        there is a third category for Family Association Newsletter. So Canadians
        won two of the three awards. Not bad.

        Anyway it was a privilege to represent AFHS at the National Genealogical
        Society Conference in Raleigh, North Carolina. Rosemary and I learned a
        great deal, met very interesting people and had fun.

        Of course, the award was the achievement of many from writers to
        proofreaders and everyone else who supported the effort. After all,
        "teamwork is at the heart of great achievement" (John Maxwell).

        Xenia Stanford