What an incredible dilemma!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      What an incredible position I have! I am swamped with submissions for
      Chinook. Especially since we started announcing a theme for each issue the
      articles are coming in fast and furious. So I have the wonderful task of
      reading and selecting what will go in each issue. "Ay, there's the rub," as
      Hamlet said. I have the other side of the wonderful task and that is what
      articles must be left out when I receive too many.

      The topic of immigration has brought in way more articles than can fit in
      the allotted space. Thus, I have adjusted the editorial calendar for Chinook
      as follows:

      July 2009 Immigration
      October 2009 War Stories & Sources
      January 2009 Immigration Continued
      April 2009 Customs & Culture

      So in January we will continue the Immigration theme because of the
      wonderful contributions. For those who have submitted an article that does
      not appear in the July issue, please know it will probably appear in the
      January one. That does not mean if someone wants to contribute on this
      theme, he or she should be discouraged. It just means you need to be patient
      if your story does not at first appear!

      We also have regular columnists and regular features, such as Serendipity,
      Surname Connections and Ask the Expert, which we try to include each time.
      Then we want to have a contribution from each SIG at least once a year. This
      means a juggling act each issue. So if what you submitted does not appear,
      it is not because it is not as valuable as what does appear. Sometimes it is
      just what fits best or what was submitted prior to the deadline.

      Thank you all for making my job so exciting and so challenging all at once.

      Keep contributing and keep being patient (though if you don't see your
      submission for awhile, please send me an email to make sure I have it and
      haven't forgotten).

      The July issue is jam-packed, but don't forget to submit for the October
      issue War Stories and Sources. Those submissions should reach us August 1st.

      Xenia Stanford
      Editor, Chinook
      Email; editor-chinook@...
      SIGS Contact: Ukrainian, M├ętis