Stuck in a Rut? Chinook can help!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21 2:32 PM
      Hi all,

      You know that pesky ancestor that must be in protective custody he/she is
      hiding so well? We all have at least one such dead-end to solve. He or she
      could be tucked away in someone else's attic just waiting to be found. Who
      knows but you may find a living cousin or two as you track your missing
      link. That is why you must publish your dead-end in Chinook under Surname
      Connections. You give us name(s), location(s) and timeframe(s) of the
      mystery man, woman or family. Include your contact information. We place it
      in Chinook which sent to all members and many societies in Canada, the
      United States and the British Isles. One of the many readers of Chinook may
      have just what you seek.

      AFHS Members receive two free entries per volume. We have four issues per
      volume starting in October and ending in July. So if you send us one for
      July (deadline May 1), you can still send us two more in the 2009-2010
      volume 30.

      Free? Did I say "Free"? And in a recession? Yes, it is still something you
      can enjoy free if you are a member. It is $5.00 for non-members and $5.00
      for members who wish to place more than two requests per volume.

      So what are you waiting for? You know you have that brickwall. Chinook could
      help you find the doorway through it.

      Send your submissions to surnames-chinook@... and wait for the email
      signal (boing?) or phone ring to discover a cousin you never knew has had
      the answer all along.

      Xenia Stanford
      Editor, Chinook
      Email; editor-chinook@...