Ancestry Personal Trees

  • Marion Peterson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2009
      Hello

      A cousin of mine is thinking of uploading some information to an Ancestry Personal Tree. She asked me if I had heard anything from others about their experiences. She is especially interested in hearing from someone who submitted information from Family Tree Maker. She has the 2008 version.

      Has anyone on the list created an Ancestry Personal Tree?

      Marion
    • Gord Hulbert
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2009
        Marion Peterson wrote:
        Hello

        A cousin of mine is thinking of uploading some information to an Ancestry Personal Tree. She asked me if I had heard anything from others about their experiences. She is especially interested in hearing from someone who submitted information from Family Tree Maker. She has the 2008 version.

        Has anyone on the list created an Ancestry Personal Tree?

        Marion

        Hi there:

        I've been told to read the 'fine print' very carefully.  I believe that once you upload your info to a commercial outfit, they then own the copyright.

        --
        Regards,

        Gord

        "Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fibre, not the toy."