RE: Vista Problem

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4 4:30 PM
      I actually suspect that the problem is not with Vista.

      Microsoft Office 2007 stores files in a new format so that Excel files have
      the extension .xlsx and Word files have the extension .docx There may well
      be "viewers" online already at the Microsoft.com website.

      Alternatively, you could ask your correspondents to send them in a backward
      compatible format (Word 2003 uses .doc and Excel uses .xls). Or, if they
      struggle with that, I can read Office 2003 and Office 2007 files (and could
      "translate" them for you).

      BTW, I'm still using the XP operating system. Office 2007 is completely
      compatible with it and I'm very happy with Office 2007 (esp Excel which now
      has the capacity for up to 1 million lines of data. The 2003 version only
      could handle 64,000 as I recall).

      Judith Rempel
      rempel@...