Re: Vista Problem

  • Robert Boynton
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2009
      The problem is how to convert a Word or Text file document into a Tiff or
      JPG format

      I am not an expert.

      Try this software.

      http://www.blackice.com/Document%20Conversion/ConvertDOCtoGIF.htm

      I do not know if this other method will work.

      Right click on the document photo, go to Edit, In Edit you may or may not
      get a chance to Save in another format.

      If you can, save as a Tiff or jpg document.

      Rob
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2009
        I actually suspect that the problem is not with Vista.

        Microsoft Office 2007 stores files in a new format so that Excel files have
        the extension .xlsx and Word files have the extension .docx There may well
        be "viewers" online already at the Microsoft.com website.

        Alternatively, you could ask your correspondents to send them in a backward
        compatible format (Word 2003 uses .doc and Excel uses .xls). Or, if they
        struggle with that, I can read Office 2003 and Office 2007 files (and could
        "translate" them for you).

        BTW, I'm still using the XP operating system. Office 2007 is completely
        compatible with it and I'm very happy with Office 2007 (esp Excel which now
        has the capacity for up to 1 million lines of data. The 2003 version only
        could handle 64,000 as I recall).

        Judith Rempel
        rempel@...

        http://www.eset.com