RE: another Vista problem

  • LAK Research & Information Mgt
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2009

      Unfortunately, I know nothing about Vista at this time… and I’m not looking forward to requiring it based upon what I’ve heard!  I may be able to offer a solution, though.

      It’s something that someone else on the dist-gen had sent out last year (Gord, maybe?).  You can create pdf files from any software and I would imagine that your recipients would be able to open those.

      The message from last year was for Primopdf (www.primopdf.com, I think).  It basically installs as a printer, so it’s really easy to use.  I use this ALL the time because it’s a way to send out information that anyone/everyone can read.  You just go to print your document and instead of using your regular printer, you’d select Primo.  Then it goes through a process which allows you to save it wherever you want.  Oh yes, an important note – it’s free!!

      It isn’t a true solution, but hopefully it’s something that makes it workable for your to exchange information.

      Laura