Re: 1916 Canadian census

  • Lois Sparling
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
      I sure hope the index is ALOT better than ancestry's index to the 1906
      and 1911 census. grumble

      Ronna L. Byam wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >

      > I wanted to make sure that you all knew that the 1916 Canadian census,
      > fully indexed, with images, is now available at www.ancestry.ca
      > <http://www.ancestry.ca>
      >
      > Yippee!!
      >
      > Ronna Byam

    • Pat Townshend Alnes
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
        There are some funny spellings of surnames. If you don't find the person you
        are looking for put the first three or four letters and the *.

        That was the only way I found one of my families that I knew lived in
        Calgary.

        Pat

        >I sure hope the index is ALOT better than ancestry's index to the 1906 and
        >1911 census. grumble
        >
        > Ronna L. Byam wrote:
        >>
        >> Hi Everyone,
        >>

        >> I wanted to make sure that you all knew that the 1916 Canadian census,
        >> fully indexed, with images, is now available at www.ancestry.ca
        >> <http://www.ancestry.ca>
        >>
        >> Yippee!!
        >>
        >> Ronna Byam

      • Donna Snyder
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
          There are some funny spellings of surnames: I finally found my Bailey as
          Baley, but it took a VERY long time.