1916 Canadian census

  • Ronna L. Byam
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2009

      Hi Everyone,

      I wanted to make sure that you all knew that the 1916 Canadian census, fully indexed, with images, is now available at www.ancestry.ca

      Yippee!!

      Ronna Byam

    • Lois Sparling
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
        I sure hope the index is ALOT better than ancestry's index to the 1906
        and 1911 census. grumble

        Ronna L. Byam wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        >

        > I wanted to make sure that you all knew that the 1916 Canadian census,
        > fully indexed, with images, is now available at www.ancestry.ca
        > <http://www.ancestry.ca>
        >
        > Yippee!!
        >
        > Ronna Byam

      • Pat Townshend Alnes
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
          There are some funny spellings of surnames. If you don't find the person you
          are looking for put the first three or four letters and the *.

          That was the only way I found one of my families that I knew lived in
          Calgary.

          Pat

          >I sure hope the index is ALOT better than ancestry's index to the 1906 and
          >1911 census. grumble
          >
          > Ronna L. Byam wrote:
          >>
          >> Hi Everyone,
          >>

          >> I wanted to make sure that you all knew that the 1916 Canadian census,
          >> fully indexed, with images, is now available at www.ancestry.ca
          >> <http://www.ancestry.ca>
          >>
          >> Yippee!!
          >>
          >> Ronna Byam

        • Donna Snyder
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
            There are some funny spellings of surnames: I finally found my Bailey as
            Baley, but it took a VERY long time.