Re: Book

  • Lynda Kleingertner
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2009
      Lynda,

      Click "search talonline", If you type in the title as keyword and select all Alberta Libraries, instead of the default, it shows Edmonton Public Library and U of A, both own a copy.  You could try an Interlibrary loan through our public library although right now  we are changing our catalogue system and  you won't be able to order until after Feb 17th.  If you're not in a rush it's an option.

      If you haven't ever ordered an ILL before, the borrowing period is whatever the owning location sets and it can take a little while to get it for you.

      Lynne Kleingertner

    • Christine Hayes
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9, 2009
        Hi Lynda,

        Once you've searched TAL as Lynne suggests, you can actually place the
        hold directly to have the item sent to your local Calgary Public Library
        branch. You need to have a valid card from a TAL member library (i.e.
        you can use your Calgary Public Library card). Just click the 'Request
        this item' button and follow the instructions. Use the drop down menu
        to choose your library system and then the branch to which you would
        like the item delivered. Fill in the form and you're off to the races.
        Delivery will be affected by our system switchover - we won't be able to
        process any holds until the 17th, but the request will have already been
        put in motion.

        You can, if you'd rather, just give a call to the Humanities Department
        and 403-260-2785 and we could do this for you.

        Hope this helps,

        Christine Hayes