Book

  • Lynda Alderman
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2009
      Am searching for a book: Adventurers & Exiles: The Great Scottish Exodus by
      Marjory Harper, published by Profile Books.

      Does anyone have any advice as to where I might find a copy, ie a library,
      rather than purchasing one from Amazon or Barnes and Noble?

      Thanks,
      Lynda
    • Lynda Kleingertner
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2009
        Lynda,

        Click "search talonline", If you type in the title as keyword and select all Alberta Libraries, instead of the default, it shows Edmonton Public Library and U of A, both own a copy.  You could try an Interlibrary loan through our public library although right now  we are changing our catalogue system and  you won't be able to order until after Feb 17th.  If you're not in a rush it's an option.

        If you haven't ever ordered an ILL before, the borrowing period is whatever the owning location sets and it can take a little while to get it for you.

        Lynne Kleingertner

      • Christine Hayes
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 9, 2009
          Hi Lynda,

          Once you've searched TAL as Lynne suggests, you can actually place the
          hold directly to have the item sent to your local Calgary Public Library
          branch. You need to have a valid card from a TAL member library (i.e.
          you can use your Calgary Public Library card). Just click the 'Request
          this item' button and follow the instructions. Use the drop down menu
          to choose your library system and then the branch to which you would
          like the item delivered. Fill in the form and you're off to the races.
          Delivery will be affected by our system switchover - we won't be able to
          process any holds until the 17th, but the request will have already been
          put in motion.

          You can, if you'd rather, just give a call to the Humanities Department
          and 403-260-2785 and we could do this for you.

          Hope this helps,

          Christine Hayes