RE: 1916 Western Canada Census

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009

      I had bookmarked: http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=2;c=1529118;t=browsable;w=49

      But now get a “Service Error”: “This collection 1000 is not available.  In Feedback, please report this error code and collection name. (Error 1401).

      I’m placing that feedback now…. And will advise what I hear from the LDS folks.

      Judith Rempel, B.A., M.A., Coordinator

      queries@... & rempel@...

      Mennonite Historical Society of Alberta

      www.mennonitehistory.org

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
          Thanks to you all and, as you all know by now, this site is offline

          Regards

          Robert

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
            This was posted on the Can-Manitoba Rootsweb list - I don't know if it is correct or not.  If that is the case then it sounds like we will end up having to pay to see the information if it is just going to be on Ancestry.  Carol Lylyk

            "LDS say that the site is a beta site and still under construction so to expect things to come and go. The times that I used it when it first came on I was able to access the actual census images, they too have now disappeared. Apparently their agreement with Ancestry.com will allow Ancestry to post the indexes and images when everything is working right."