1916 Western Canada Census

  • Robert Boynton
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
      Hi

      Somehow, I have misplaced the link to the 1916 Western Canada Search engine from Family Search and it does not appear readily .

      Could someone please pass it along to me.

      Thanks in advance

      Rob Boynton

    • Judith Rempel
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009

        I had bookmarked: http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=2;c=1529118;t=browsable;w=49

        But now get a “Service Error”: “This collection 1000 is not available.  In Feedback, please report this error code and collection name. (Error 1401).

        I’m placing that feedback now…. And will advise what I hear from the LDS folks.

        Judith Rempel, B.A., M.A., Coordinator

        queries@... & rempel@...

        Mennonite Historical Society of Alberta

        www.mennonitehistory.org

        Somehow, I have misplaced the link to the 1916 Western Canada Search engine from Family Search and it does not appear readily .

        Could someone please pass it along to me.

        Thanks in advance

        Rob Boynton

        http://www.eset.com

      • Marlene

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
            Thanks to you all and, as you all know by now, this site is offline

            Regards

            Robert

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
              This was posted on the Can-Manitoba Rootsweb list - I don't know if it is correct or not.  If that is the case then it sounds like we will end up having to pay to see the information if it is just going to be on Ancestry.  Carol Lylyk

              "LDS say that the site is a beta site and still under construction so to expect things to come and go. The times that I used it when it first came on I was able to access the actual census images, they too have now disappeared. Apparently their agreement with Ancestry.com will allow Ancestry to post the indexes and images when everything is working right."