tiff's to dvd?

  • Callie Reid
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2009
      Hi,

      I scanned a pile of slides and saved them as tiff's.  I would like to share them with my extended family, how can the photos be viewd on their DVD players?

      Callie Reid

    • Dawn Kirkpatrick
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2009
        I've made CDs and DVDs of images, but I'm not sure if DVD players will recognize the TIFF format.  Mine were all in JPG format.  We popped them into the player and it viewed them beautifully on the TV.  Some older DVD players don't recognize JPGs, though.

        You could use a simple "scrapbook" program to make a virtual album.  There are free ones out there.  Most will allow you to save to DVD for viewing, I think.

        Hope this helps!

        Dawn

        On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Callie Reid <clsreid@...> wrote:
        Hi,

        I scanned a pile of slides and saved them as tiff's.  I would like to share them with my extended family, how can the photos be viewd on their DVD players?

        Callie Reid

      • Charlie Hansen
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 10, 2009
          On 10 Jan 2009 Callie Reid wrote:

          > I scanned a pile of slides and saved them as tiff's. I
          > would like to share them with my extended family, how can the photos
          > be viewd on their DVD players?

          If you download and install a free program called IrfanView it can open tiff files and
          save them as jpg files. Tedious if you have a jot of images but IrfanView has a batch
          conversion capability. However I have not used that feature, but it is a program
          everyone should have on their computer. See www.irfanview.com

          Regards,

          Charlie
        • Yvette Campagne
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 11, 2009
            Message
            Did you explore the software that came with your burner?  Some of those titles are quite powerful.

            Giveaway of the Day (website that gives away one free software title each day) is giving away a DVD burning software tool today which seems to be getting positive reviews.  I haven't used it and don't know if it can create slideshows but perhaps worth trying out.  The software is called StarBurn and is available at http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ but only until midnight tonight (not certain which time zone.

            I have used Photoshop Elements to create a DVD to distribute pictures to family but it has a Very Steep learning curve.  Once you figure it out, this is very powerful software which can easily repair old photos (cracks and tears) and easily re-tint black and whites (if you want to give them that sepia tint).  You can download a 30-day free trial at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?promoid=DZHDI&product=photoshop%5Felements

            Good luck,
            Yvette