Ancestors in the Attic TV show TONIGHT

  • Lorna Laughton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2008

      Hi Everyone:

      I know that some of you do not have History Channel on your TV, so here is an opportunity to see Ancestors in the Attic on the Global Channel. I received this information from Quinte Branch, OGS, who got it from Toronto Branch OGS.

      I checked the TV schedule and the first one is tonight at 10:00 pm.

      Lorna

      -----------------------------------

      Ancestors in the Attic (Television program) - on Global

      Ancestors in the Attic is usually broadcast only on History Television, a cable channel, but Global Television is going to be showing some episodes over the next four weeks:

      Wednesday December 17th at 10pm: One-hour Cenotaph Special
      Two students go in search of the true stories behind  the names of two soldiers on their high school Cenotaph.

      Sunday December 21 at 7pm: Mary
      A Korean-Canadian returns to her homeland to find the birth parents she never knew.

      Sunday December 28 at 7pm: Missing Pieces
      A Japanese-Canadian goes to Japan for the first time in search of his father's family.

      Sunday January 4 at 7pm: Autograph Book
      In 1917 a British nurse and a native Canadian  soldier signed their names in an autograph book. This is the story of the  love story that bound them and the search for their descendants.

      This is in addition to the usual showings at 8 pm on Saturdays on History Television.