Pocket Guide to Irish Genealogy?

  • Joan Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2008
      Hi all,
      I see Global Genealogy is advertising Brian Mitchell's book A Pocket Guide to Irish Genealogy. Third Edition.

      http://globalgenealogy.com/countries/ireland/resources/2189240.htm

      Do any of your have this book (or the earlier versions) or is it in the AFHS library?  Would you recommend purchasing it?

      Thanks,
      Joan Miller
      http://www.luxegen.ca
      Researching KERR in Compton County, Eastern
      Townships in Quebec and in Ireland
    • Lorna Laughton
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 16, 2008

        Hi Joan:

        The AFHS Library does not have this book. Maybe we should order it!

        We have 3 books by Brian Mitchell:

        (1) A Guide to Irish Churches and Graveyards,

        (2) A Guide to Irish Parish Registers, and

        (3) The New Genealogical Atlas of Ireland.

        Lorna Laughton, for Linda Murray, Chair, AFHS Library