Re: Telus Internet

  • Joseph Szikora
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2008
      Robert Boynton wrote:

      > Hi folks
      >
      > A little off topic but I have always used Shaw and I was wondering if
      > anyone used Telus Enhanced Internet and/ or Telus TV and whether
      > their experience was good- bad- neutral.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Rob

      Hi Rob:

      I am and was a Telus high speed Internet customer since it was
      available in my area, but I don't have TV. I had no problem with the
      Internet service whatsoever. My neighbour just changed from Shaw to
      Telus Internet and TV.

      I an very satisfied with the service. Speed is about 125 MB/s.
      Service is reliable. I like the optional ( free ) spam control. Since it
      was introduced I hardly get any spam. It is easy to register.

      Cheers,

      Joseph.

      E-Mail addresses: jszikora<at>telus.net
      jszikora<at>alumni.ucalgary.ca
      jszikora<at>yahoo.com
      This E-Mail has been scanned by NORTON Antivirus and it is free of
      viri.
    • LAK Research & Information Mgt
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 15, 2008
        Something else you may want to consider is that you might be able to get a
        free lap-top from Telus if you switch to their high-speed.

        My Mother-in-law got one last year when she switched to Telus' high-speed
        and digital tv and phone package. We have too many televisions or we'd
        think about it, too. I did talk to Telus a couple of months ago and asked
        if the program was still active and I was told that if you ask, you can get
        a free laptop.

        If you're thinking along these lines, then it might be worth it to ask about
        the lap-top, too.

        Something else I'm keen to try is the USB Adapter. I gather Rogers has a
        new one but Bell and someone else (?) have had them for a while, too. With
        the adapter, you plug it into your laptop and wherever you get cell phone
        service, you'd have internet.

        Good luck!

        > A little off topic but I have always used Shaw and I was wondering if
        > anyone used Telus Enhanced Internet and/ or Telus TV and whether
        > their experience was good- bad- neutral.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Rob

        Hi Rob:

        I am and was a Telus high speed Internet customer since it was
        available in my area, but I don't have TV. I had no problem with the
        Internet service whatsoever. My neighbour just changed from Shaw to
        Telus Internet and TV.

        I an very satisfied with the service. Speed is about 125 MB/s.
        Service is reliable. I like the optional ( free ) spam control. Since it
        was introduced I hardly get any spam. It is easy to register.

        Cheers,

        Joseph.

        E-Mail addresses: jszikora<at>telus.net
        jszikora<at>alumni.ucalgary.ca
        jszikora<at>yahoo.com
        This E-Mail has been scanned by NORTON Antivirus and it is free of
        viri.
      • Mary Arthur
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2008
          I was just talking to my mother, we are both watching the Flames game
          - her shaw is three? seconds ahead of my telus tv. I checked the
          internet radio, and it is ahead of the tv by a little less, but it is
          noticeable. Not really a drawback, but interesting.