Telus Internet

  • Robert Boynton
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2008
      Hi folks

      A little off topic but I have always used Shaw and I was wondering if anyone used Telus Enhanced Internet and/ or Telus TV and whether their experience was good- bad- neutral.

      Thanks

      Rob
    • Joseph Szikora
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2008
        Robert Boynton wrote:

        > Hi folks
        >
        > A little off topic but I have always used Shaw and I was wondering if
        > anyone used Telus Enhanced Internet and/ or Telus TV and whether
        > their experience was good- bad- neutral.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Rob

        Hi Rob:

        I am and was a Telus high speed Internet customer since it was
        available in my area, but I don't have TV. I had no problem with the
        Internet service whatsoever. My neighbour just changed from Shaw to
        Telus Internet and TV.

        I an very satisfied with the service. Speed is about 125 MB/s.
        Service is reliable. I like the optional ( free ) spam control. Since it
        was introduced I hardly get any spam. It is easy to register.

        Cheers,

        Joseph.

        E-Mail addresses: jszikora<at>telus.net
        jszikora<at>alumni.ucalgary.ca
        jszikora<at>yahoo.com
        This E-Mail has been scanned by NORTON Antivirus and it is free of
        viri.
      • LAK Research & Information Mgt
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 15, 2008
          Something else you may want to consider is that you might be able to get a
          free lap-top from Telus if you switch to their high-speed.

          My Mother-in-law got one last year when she switched to Telus' high-speed
          and digital tv and phone package. We have too many televisions or we'd
          think about it, too. I did talk to Telus a couple of months ago and asked
          if the program was still active and I was told that if you ask, you can get
          a free laptop.

          If you're thinking along these lines, then it might be worth it to ask about
          the lap-top, too.

          Something else I'm keen to try is the USB Adapter. I gather Rogers has a
          new one but Bell and someone else (?) have had them for a while, too. With
          the adapter, you plug it into your laptop and wherever you get cell phone
          service, you'd have internet.

          Good luck!

          > A little off topic but I have always used Shaw and I was wondering if
          > anyone used Telus Enhanced Internet and/ or Telus TV and whether
          > their experience was good- bad- neutral.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Rob

          Hi Rob:

          I am and was a Telus high speed Internet customer since it was
          available in my area, but I don't have TV. I had no problem with the
          Internet service whatsoever. My neighbour just changed from Shaw to
          Telus Internet and TV.

          I an very satisfied with the service. Speed is about 125 MB/s.
          Service is reliable. I like the optional ( free ) spam control. Since it
          was introduced I hardly get any spam. It is easy to register.

          Cheers,

          Joseph.

          E-Mail addresses: jszikora<at>telus.net
          jszikora<at>alumni.ucalgary.ca
          jszikora<at>yahoo.com
          This E-Mail has been scanned by NORTON Antivirus and it is free of
          viri.
        • Mary Arthur
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 16, 2008
            I was just talking to my mother, we are both watching the Flames game
            - her shaw is three? seconds ahead of my telus tv. I checked the
            internet radio, and it is ahead of the tv by a little less, but it is
            noticeable. Not really a drawback, but interesting.