FAMILYROOTS 2002 ON THE AIR and IN THE PRESS

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 16, 2002
      Hi Folks:

      For those who are interested in getting a feel of the publicity
      propelling our big event, here is part of the line-up at this moment

      Thursday (tomorrow) 8am Gord Hulbert on CKMX AM 1060 with Don Slade
      In The Morning

      Friday Cable Channel 8 TV after 7am Judi Lee on The Big Breakfast
      Show

      Friday Shaw TV Cable Channel 10 after 12 noon Gord Hulbert interview
      with Dave Will

      At a time still to be determined - CFCN CableChannel 3 Judi Lee
      interview at the Family History Center

      Calgary Herald - David Bly - a special column on FAMILYROOTS 2002 -
      likely Friday October 18

      Calgary Sun - An interview with Ronna Byam - likely in the Sunday Sun

      CBC Radio I (1010) - 'Homestretch' with Sharon Edwards - TBA

      We'll try to keep you advised of details as they unfold.

      Cheers

      Bill
      --
      William A. Campbell
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada

    • Mary Arthur
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 17, 2002
        Dear Bill,

        12:30 your phone is busy. I just ran in on my lunch to check my email
        and eat and have your message.

        I am sorry but I will be working tomorrow when you want me.

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 17, 2002
          Hi Bill and all,

          The photographer from the Calgary Herald spent an hour taking photos of me
          in my office with my book "Faces of the Past" (history of Naskusp, BC and
          area including pictures of the Brouse schoolhouse where my father first
          attended school) and my AGE site on the computer screen. He said likely 1-2
          will be used in the article to run in the Calgary Herald tomorrow.

          I will let you know in the morning if the article is there so those who do
          not regularly receive the Herald can go out and buy up all the copies!

          Xenia

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 17, 2002
            Bill,

            Will there be an "archives" copy of these events? I missed Gord this morning
            due to eastern time zone phone calls! Also it would be interesting to have
            video or audiotapes of Judi Lee and the Homestretch.

            They will send a copy for free to you upon request. I have done so in the
            past for CFCN TV and other radio programs. If you are the person or a
            representative of the agency interviewed, these are usually given by the
            stations upon request. Sometimes it is good to ask in advance so they are
            set-up to make a copy right away.

            Xenia

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 17, 2002
              Hi Folks:
              In addition to yesterday's announcements, we are now expecting CHQR AM
              770 to have Inge Leavell in their studio on Friday afternoon for a
              phone-in programme from 1:00-1:30 to handle questions on genealogy and
              to direct callers to FamilyRoots 2002 for help in their research.

              CHQR will also be calling on Judi Lee for an interview to discuss the
              Molecular Genealogy project planned next Friday evening as part of
              FamilyRoots 2002. No air time has been advised yet.

              Cheers

              Bill

              --
              William A. Campbell
              Calgary, Alberta, Canada

            • Marianne Wilkat
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 1, 2002
                Hello William,
                Ellen Kinghorn has mentioned to me that you do a beginner genealogy course.

                Ogden House Seniors's Club is considering giving such a course.

                If you would be interested in presenting a course to them
                would you please contact Judi Livermore at Ogden House
                ph. 279-2003
                or email ogden-house@...

                with the specifics. $$$, length of course, length of individual session, etc.
                We were considering a Monday or Wednesday afternoon (some time after Christmas)
                at the club house which is situated at 2102 - 69 Ave. SE.

                How many would you like in a class?

                There are computers available to go on line.

                Thank you for considering Ogden House.

                Marianne