Chinook January 2009 TOC

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2008

      Hi Everyone,

      Even though it is still a few weeks until you receive your copy of Chinook, the January 2009 Table of Contents is available online at

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/publications/index.html

      Please note that I am looking for article on Present Your Family History. It can be scrapbooking, slide shows, published books, quilts, you name it. As I say in Chinook under Call for Articles, surprise and delight us with the way you have presented your family history. I already have two in the works. One is someone I asked directly and the other one was suggested by a member of AFHS. This one is an idea I had never heard of or thought of. So as you spend time with your family over the holidays, think of how you can or how you have shared your family history so it will not be lost. You have spent hours researching and documenting. Do you want your descendants to have to start all over or carry on where you left off? To me this is a very important topic and I will be the guest speaker in April, so I will be collecting the ideas to hopefully inspire you to Present Your Family History if you haven’t already (or maybe give you a new idea or two to add to your repertoire).

      Meanwhile folks, have a very Merry Christmas New Year whether you celebrate on December 25th or January 7th. And to those who do not celebrate either, may you enjoy your family and friends in whatever festivities you do celebrate.

      May there be Peace on Earth and no count greater than 100 except in the hundreds who come home safe and sound.

      Xenia Stanford (president@...)

      Editor, Chinook

      SIGS Contact: Ukrainian, Métis

      Phone: 295-3490; Fax: 274-0564