RE: Colin Chapman's Books

  • Lorna Laughton
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2008
      Hi Rene and all:

      The AFHS Library has 7 of Colin Chapman's books:
      1) Ecclesiastical Courts: Their Officials & Their Records. Second Edition.
      1997. (Also titled as 'Sin, Sex & Probate'.)
      2) Growth of British Education and Its Records. Second Edition. 1992.
      3) Marriage Laws, Rites, Records & Customs. First Edition 1996.
      4) Pre-1841 Censuses & Population Listings in the British Isles. Fifth
      Edition. 1994.
      5) Tracing Your British Ancestors. Second Edition. 1999.
      6) Basic Facts About ... Using Education Records. FFHS. 1999.
      7) An Introduction to ... Using Newspapers and Periodicals. FFHS. 1993.

      The AFHS Library is planning on buying:
      1) Marriage Laws, Rites, Records & Customs. Second Edition.
      2) How Heavy, How Much & How Long? 1995.
      3) Tracing Ancestors in Bedfordshire. Second Edition. 1995.
      4) Tracing Ancestors in Northamptonshire. Second Edition. 2000.
      5) Tracing Ancestors in Rutland. First Edition. 1997.

      Personally, I have:
      1) Tracing Ancestors in Bedfordshire. First Edition.
      2) How Heavy, How Much & How Long?

      I don't know whether Colin has books for sale or not. Helen will know.
      His books are available on web site:
      http://www.lochinpublishing.org.uk/books.htm

      Lorna