Re: Gord Hulbert Here - Mumford Update

  • Lois Sparling
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 16, 2008
      I am hopeful that Suddie would be able to pursue many of his interests,
      including genealogy, even if he does not regain the use of his legs.
      Obviously a full(er) recovery would be the best for him and his family
      but a nice sedentary hobby/avocation like family history research will
      keep his spirits up in the meantime, I hope. We can all help him with
      that if need be.

      Lois Sparling

      Xenia Stanford wrote:

      > Thanks Gordon for letting us know. It is hard to imagine such an
      > energetic man with such enthusiasm for genealogy, especially
      > computers and genealogy, as a paraplegic. I join in with my prayers
      > as well.
      >

      > Xenia

    • Suddie Bill
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 26, 2008
        My thanks to all for the kind words and best wishes with regard to my
        operation that didn't work out exactly as I would have wished. I posted
        a couple of pictures on my Facebook page so hopefully you will recognize
        me next time you see me. One of my bridge playing people walked right
        by me while I was sitting in the rotunda of the hospital. His wife
        looked at me and said "Bill?". When I replied yes she dragged her
        husband over. He still didn't recognize me. I've lost close to 70
        pounds, most of which was muscle. As a result I tire easily but rehab
        physio is going well. I was discharged from hospital on Friday, a week
        before the doctor or physio folks felt advisable but 6 weeks of hospital
        life is more than enough for anyone. I'm in a wheelchair and have ankle
        and foot braces. This allows me to walk a short distance with a non
        wheeled walker.

        If all goes well I should be able to drive my car in four or five
        months. If that comes to pass one of the first items of business will
        be to get back to the Computer Group meetings. I'm getting out of
        touch with the world. :-)

        Cheers

        Suddie Bill
      • Gord Hulbert
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2010
          Hi all:

          As most of you know, our friend and colleague, Suddie 'Bill' Mumford is battling cancer.  I talked to his wife, Ev, just before dinner.  The prognoses is not good.  He is in a great deal of pain.  The pain killers have caused him to loose his appetite.  Consequently, he is loosing weight.  He's currently in intensive care at the Black Diamond hospital.  Ev promised to keep in touch with me. The last time I saw Suddie was last spring when he brought a copy of his Family History book he just published to the Computer SIG meeting.
          It was a huge volume, compiled in a fashion that only Suddie could do.  He was a strong believer in the expression, 'Publish before you perish'.

          When I hear any news I'll keep you informed.
          --
          Regards,

          Gord Hulbert
          Email: Gordon@...
          Home: (403) 240-4636
          Cell:    (403) 669-8384

          "When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds."
        • gisele
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2010
            Very sorry to hear aboth Bill I worked along with him at the LDS library for many years

            Gisele