PASSCHENDAELE

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2008
      Hi friends and family:

      This is the movie moment we have been waiting for this year!   By the way, this not a paid commercial!!

      If you haven't seen today's newspaper (Calgary Herald - visit Section C) for the story on the release of Paul Gross' Canadian production,  PASSCHENDAELE   filmed here in Alberta (with support of the Alberta government).

      It is most important for the acceptance and success of this film that we try to attend next weekend when the ratings are carried out.

      I urge you to support this historic Canadian film achievement.

      To get a feeling of the importance of this event, tune in to Global TV (in Calgary Channel 7 at 8 pm Saturday) to see 'The Road to Passchendaele' - the story behind the story.

      My father, who fought at Vimy Ridge, in the second wave and went on to experience the hell of Passchendaele always agreed that Vimy was a great turning point in history for Canada, but Passchendaele was a far greater 'torture' than Vimy. He felt strongly that the significance of the Battle of Passchendaele suffered in the shadow of Vimy. An important page in Canada's history.

      PLAN TO SEE THIS CANADIAN FILM TRIUMPH NEXT WEEK END.

      I understand that it will show in several theatres in Calgary, including Country Hills and Shawnessy.

      Grandpa  Bill

      --
      WILLIAM CAMPBELL
      CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA