Death Penalty Index for New France

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2008

      Hi all,

      I have cced the Quebec SIG, so my apologies if you receive this email twice. Just use the handy delete key!

      When looking for a particular name for a client, I struck out on Ancestry, FamilySearch and PRDH, so decided to try a general search for the name on the Internet only to find he was the victim of a murder (throat cut) and his murdered was executed. I found this at http://members.shaw.ca/canada_legal_history/qc.htm - it is the CANADA DEATH PENALTY INDEX for Quebec

      It starts with New France and goes to Quebec from Confederation to Present.

      From the main index at http://members.shaw.ca/canada_legal_history/main_index.htm you can search all provinces. You never know what you might find in unexpected places.

      Xenia Stanford (president@...)

      Editor, Chinook

      SIGS Contact: Ukrainian, Métis

      Phone: 295-3490; Fax: 274-0564

      Alberta Family Histories Society

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2008

        Oops, I meant his murderer -  not “murdered” - was executed.