RE: Early French Handwriting

  • J. Metcalfe
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 8, 2008
      Hi everyone on this list,

      Before this thread is, I hope, allowed to just die, there are three apologies I would like to make publicly:

      1) To the unnamed gentlemen to whom my initial post on this thread was addressed and intended - I'm sorry my original post to you initiated this catastrophe and I hope you will still consider investigating the URL I posted relative to your question. It is, in my opinion, a very good website.

      2) To Diane Granger - I'm sorry to forgetting and resorting to using quotation marks. It is a bad habit that I will have to work harder to break.

      3) To Xenia - I'm sorry to using the phrase "rip into." It was harsh and only served to exacerbate the situation.

      Joyce

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 8, 2008
        Hi Joyce and all,

        I wish to apologize to Joyce for my arrogant know it all messages that
        served to discredit her for a talk I did not attend, so for which I have no
        knowledge of what she said or did not say there. I thoughtlessly jumped in
        without properly stating that I was not in attendance and so my remarks were
        off the cuff.

        Although I did not intend to discredit her or devalue her advice, I realize
        that is how it came out and I am truly sorry.

        I too hope the unnamed gentleman and others try the website. Thank you Joyce
        for pointing it out. Another confession, I never visited the website before
        jumping into the discussion publicly. Also I was the one who should have
        taken the discussion off the list after seeing how my message came across to
        Joyce and probably to the rest of you. I should not have subjected those of
        you on this list to any of this discussion. My bad all around.

        I hope Joyce will forgive me and we can once again at least someday go back
        to our previous state of friendliness. I know I don't deserve it, but I hope
        Joyce will be the better woman and forgive me. I also hope it is not the
        last time she gives a talk. Although I did not attend, I know from the last
        Quebec SIG meeting she had valuable experiences and insight to offer me as
        well as the others in attendance.

        I know I will certainly strive to lose my know it all attitude and treat
        others with respect. Sometimes I must admit I just jump in to save the day
        when there is no saving necessary.

        With sincere apologies to Joyce and all of you,

        Xenia Stanford

        Before this thread is, I hope, allowed to just die, there are three
        apologies I would like to make publicly:

        1) To the unnamed gentlemen to whom my initial post on this thread was
        addressed and intended - I'm sorry my original post to you initiated this
        catastrophe and I hope you will still consider investigating the URL I
        posted relative to your question. It is, in my opinion, a very good
        website.

        2) To Diane Granger - I'm sorry to forgetting and resorting to using
        quotation marks. It is a bad habit that I will have to work harder to
        break.

        3) To Xenia - I'm sorry to using the phrase "rip into." It was harsh and
        only served to exacerbate the situation.

        Joyce

        7:01 AM
      • J. Metcalfe
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 8, 2008
          Hi Xenia,

          Thank you for your wonderful apology. It is gladly and whole-heartedly accepted. Again, I am sorry for my poor choice of words that also set us off on this regrettable tangent.

          All the best,
          Joyce

          http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 8, 2008
            Thank you Joyce for accepting my apology.

            I would leave it there but I noticed that in my last message I did not word
            one sentence correctly and so it did not give full credit to Joyce's
            contribution to the last Quebec SIG meeting that I attended. I said
            "Although I did not attend, I know from the last Quebec SIG meeting she had
            valuable experiences and insight to offer me as well as the others in
            attendance." It sounded like I did not attend the last SIG meeting and so
            did not fully know what value she contributed. What I meant was "Although I
            did not attend Joyce's talk on Monday night, I know from the last Quebec SIG
            meeting that I did attend, Joyce had experiences and insight that were
            valuable to me as well as others who attended that meeting."

            I certainly do not know it all and have learned most of what I do know from
            others and am still open to learning from other people who may be newer to
            this pursuit than me. This old dog can learn new tricks. I have now learned
            some valuables lessons from Joyce in how to show respect and not discourage
            her or others from offering what they know at the meetings, on this list or
            in any other forum.

            Xenia Stanford

            Thank you for your wonderful apology. It is gladly and whole-heartedly
            accepted. Again, I am sorry for my poor choice of words that also set us
            off on this regrettable tangent.

            All the best,
            Joyce

            > I wish to apologize to Joyce for my arrogant know it all
            > messages that
            > served to discredit her for a talk I did not attend, so for
            > which I have no
            > knowledge of what she said or did not say there. I
            > thoughtlessly jumped in
            > without properly stating that I was not in attendance and
            > so my remarks were
            > off the cuff.
            >
            > Although I did not intend to discredit her or devalue her
            > advice, I realize
            > that is how it came out and I am truly sorry.
            >
            > I too hope the unnamed gentleman and others try the
            > website. Thank you Joyce
            > for pointing it out. Another confession, I never visited
            > the website before
            > jumping into the discussion publicly. Also I was the one
            > who should have
            > taken the discussion off the list after seeing how my
            > message came across to
            > Joyce and probably to the rest of you. I should not have
            > subjected those of
            > you on this list to any of this discussion. My bad all
            > around.
            >
            > I hope Joyce will forgive me and we can once again at least
            > someday go back
            > to our previous state of friendliness. I know I don't
            > deserve it, but I hope
            > Joyce will be the better woman and forgive me. I also hope
            > it is not the
            > last time she gives a talk. Although I did not attend, I
            > know from the last
            > Quebec SIG meeting she had valuable experiences and insight
            > to offer me as
            > well as the others in attendance.
            >
            > I know I will certainly strive to lose my know it all
            > attitude and treat
            > others with respect. Sometimes I must admit I just jump in
            > to save the day
            > when there is no saving necessary.
            >
            > With sincere apologies to Joyce and all of you,
            >
            > Xenia Stanford

            7:01 AM