Re: Macs and Brother's Keeper

  • Gary Gauthier
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14 1:58 PM
      Kathy;

      The new Macs come with Bootcamp, which allows you to run Windows on the Mac.
      If you want to spend about $80, you can run Windows under Parallels. That allows you to run Windows at the same time as the Mac O/S.
      So.... You don't need to change your software at all. Furthermore, the Mac store should do the transfer of your windows contents to the Mac for free when you buy one.

      Regards;
      Gary
      On 14-Sep-08, at 8:57 AM, The Kashubas wrote:

      Hello,
      We are in the need of a new tower as our hard drive is about to retire and were wondering about switching to a Mac.  The problem is that I use Brother's Keeper 6.2 and am wondering if there is a program that will allow it to work on a Mac.  I know there are ways to transfer over other Windows produced work, but what about genealogy programs?

      Kathy Kashuba

    • The Kashubas
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15 5:32 PM
        I want to thank those who helped me out with a reply to my query.  I am still wondering what to do, stay with a PC or go to a Mac, but your input was helpful.

        Again, thanks
        Kathy