QUEBEC SIG

  • Donna Kirkwood
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2008
      Good evening all,

      Just a wee reminder that the Quebec Sig will be meeting this Saturday June 7, 12-2 at the AFHS Library, 712, 16 Ave. NW.The suggested topic:" Immigration/Emmigration: Where did they come from?" We will explore Passanger lists; Ellis Island, Pier 21, etc. Please bring your ideas , thoughts, and comments.

      This will be our last meeting until Septermber.

      See you then

      Donna Kirkwood
      PS  The suggested Topic for September: "Migration: Where did they go?" [or How did you get to be here from Quebec?]
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 2008

        Hi all,

        Was this listed on the websites you put together? http://www.islandnet.com/~jveinot/cghl/quebec.html

        It links to searchable databases, such as the Cotes-de-Neiges Cemetery in Montreal and Quebec, and Eastern Townships Genealogy Includes a 515,000+ name searchable database. Extensive background articles on how to search for your roots in Quebec. Turn of the century maps.

        Lots more.

        If already on your list, this may be a reminder to look at it again!

        Xenia

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 11, 2011
          The Quebec SIG will meet this Saturday, February 12, 12:30-2pm at the AFHS Library.
          ***Note the start time.---to allow those attending the Computer SIG time to get to this meeting.

          Regards
          Donna Kirkwood