My Article in Global Gazette

    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2008

      For those who may recall my messages regarding the missing little Victoria Stanford and those who didn’t but might have a missing long deceased person of their own in Quebec, you can now find out how I solved the mystery! My article in Global Gazette also discusses the wonders and some shortcoming of the Drouin Collection, now available on Ancestry.ca

      Little Victoria and Gigantic Drouin Finally Spell Success

      By: Xenia Stanford.

      If you remember my column regarding the mystery of Victoria Stanford, Lost and Found: 103-Year-Old Baby Laid to Rest; 154-Year-Old Still Missing, you will recall the only record of her that I could find was on the 1851 Canada Census in St. Roch Ward, Quebec City. A new online resource has finally brought success to the decades-old search for "little Victoria".

      Read the complete article at: http://globalgenealogy.com/globalgazette/gazxs/gazxs66.htm

      I also mention and had Rick put a link to AFHS and Chinook from my bio.

      Xenia Stanford (president@...)

      Editor, Chinook

      SIGS Contact: Ukrainian, Métis

      Phone: 295-3490; Fax: 274-0564