Ontario SIG

  • Ronna L. Byam
    Message 1 of 22 , May 24 12:34 PM

      The regular monthly meeting of the Ontario SIG will be held on Monday, May 26th, at 7:00 pm at the AFHS Library at 712 – 16 Avenue NW.  We will be exploring the changes to the OGS website, especially the new “Members Only” features.  We will also be finishing up our case studies of “Finding Ontario Land Records” focusing on tracing entries found in the Ontario Land Records Index (OLRI) and in the Index to the Upper Canada Land Books.

      Everyone and anyone welcome!

      Ronna Byam

      Chair, Ontario SIG

    • Ronna L. Byam
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 22, 2008

        The  regular monthly meeting of the Ontario SIG will be held this coming Monday, June 23rd, at 7:00 pm at the AFHS Library at 712 – 16 Avenue NW.  The 5 members who went to the OGS conference in Ontario will be reporting their experiences.

        Bring potluck goodies along for an end of the year social.

        Everyone welcome!

        Ronna Byam

        Chair, Ontario SIG

      • Marion Peterson
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 8, 2010
          Hello everyone,

          I've volunteered to co-ordinate the Ontario Special Interest Group (SIG) for the coming year.

          I'm starting to do some planning and brainstorming, so if you have any ideas for meeting topics or questions you would like answered, please send them to me. I'm hoping to delegate, so I'm looking for volunteers and/or suggestions of possible speakers.

          If you find any great websites, books or other resources about Ontario to recommend to others, please let me know.

          Lorna Laughton has forwarded the files and binders to me, but one thing we haven't figured out how to easily transfer is the Ontario SIG email distribution list. If you would like to be included for email messages about the Ontario SIG, please reply. This will help me compile the distribution list. I'm hoping to avoid having to type all of the email addresses!

          I've tentatively chosen the third Tuesday of the month for meetings.

          Marion Peterson