Re: Follow up on Frank Morrow

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2008
      Nancy Carson wrote:
      Just a follow up to Bill Campbell's email a few days ago. I spoke yesterday with Frank's neighbours Allan and Diana. When they visited Frank on Sunday, he said he was not up to having visitors. For those of you who know Frank, I think it would be a great idea to lift his spirits by sending him a card just to let him know that his friends at AFHS haven't forgotten about him. If you want to do so, he's at Cedars Villa nursing home (my Mom was in this one for a short time and, to be honest, both she and I found it a very depressing place). The address is:

      Frank Morrow
      Extendicare Cedars Villa
      3330 - 8 Avenue SW
      Calgary, AB  T3C 0E7

      I plan to include my telephone number when I send my card just in case Frank changes his mind and would like some visitors - that way he at least has a phone number so he can call to say so.

      Nancy Carson
      Hi all:

      Thank you Nancy.  I was asking about Frank at the last AFHS meeting.  Frank, his wife Olive and I go way back.  My Dad worked with him at Imperial Oil.  Frank must have been younger than Dad.  He was from OZ and stayed in Canada after the war.  I have pictures of their office gang at our house in Elboya at a Halloween bash in the early 50's.  It was a 'blast from the past' when I ran into Frank at one of the first AFHS meetings I attended.  If my memory serves me, my Dad had been dead for awhile.

      I'll be sure to buy a funny card and mail it to him.  For those of you that never had an opportunity to know Frank, I can only say we owe him a lot, because he contributed so much to the society we know today.

      --
      Regards,

      Gordon Hulbert

      "Funny, I don't remember being absent minded..."