Yes, my children are related to Hillary Rodham Clinton

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13 4:59 PM

      Well, well, well! Will wonders never cease! First Madonna, Celine Dion and Alanis Morisette, now I find my children are blood relatives to Hillary Rodham Clinton.

      I heard Hillary Clinton talking about being related to Madonna and other French Canadian celebrities, so thought there could be a common ancestor or two. So I checked the excellent work done by  Diane Wolford Sheppard tracing Hillary Clinton’s French Canadian ancestry, which Diane and another woman with French Canadian (FC) ancestry jointly researched and coauthored, then contributed to “Michigan’s Habitant Heritage” (a publication that ran a series of articles I wrote on how to research French Canadian ancestry!). It seems the Washington genealogist getting all the credit for the recent news of Hillary’s FC connections actually used the research of these two women.

      Anyway – holy crow! Yes, my children have a couple of blood connections to Hillary – 10th cousins, just like Hillary is to Madonna. However, Hillary has nothing on my children who are 5th cousins to Madonna.

      So be careful not to bad mouth anyone – they could be related.

      Xenia Stanford

      Checked by AVG.