Still looking for columnists

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2008

      Hi all,

      The wanted poster in April’s Chinook worked – at least for tracking down picky proofreaders. Thanks to all who turned themselves in (aka volunteered). Their names will appear in July’s Chinook.

      We still need an assistant editor with the following:

      Has MS Office – preferably 2007

      The ability to turn MS Office documents into pdf

      Has a scanner or access to one

      Has photo editing software and knows how to use

      The willingness to learn the ropes so he/she can take over as editor when necessary or when I leave

      Also we still need columnists for how-to (members are asking for more how-to topics) :

      Beginner’s how-to (Ken Rees established the basics in his columns, so the next columns could be on particular types of records and take over Latest Genealogy News column)

      Advanced how-to (tackle more indepth topics and take over the Ask the Expert column)

      Events – upcoming genealogy events of interest to members (this one should be fairly easy and straight forward)

      If you are not willing to do a column, but have an article or two on your special areas of research or particular type of records, we would love those too.

      The July issue will focus on finding female ancestors, so I hope you tell us how you found those tricky ancestors whose name was found on records only as Hugh and Ann Smith – no maiden name.

      Deadline is May 1 for contributions for July. This gives us one month to choose articles, do layout, completely proofread and make changes. Second month is to send completed issue to printers for a printer’s proof, review proof, approve final proof and allows printer to print, label and distribute.

      So while it may seem a long time to submit articles two months in advance, you can see those two months are jampacked!

      Xenia Stanford (president@...)

      Editor, Chinook

      SIGS Contact: Ukrainian, Métis

      Phone: 295-3490; Fax: 274-0564