QUEBEC SIG

  • Donna Kirkwood
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2008
      The Quebec SIG will meet Saturday, April 5, 12-2 at the AFHS Library, 712-16Ave. NW.

      The topic is "websites for Quebec resarch" So, bring any websites for sharing. Also, bring a "problem" (or question) for the Sig to discuss.

      Donna Kirkwood
      dekirkwood@...
    • Donna Kirkwood
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2008
        Good evening all,

        Just a wee reminder that the Quebec Sig will be meeting this Saturday June 7, 12-2 at the AFHS Library, 712, 16 Ave. NW.The suggested topic:" Immigration/Emmigration: Where did they come from?" We will explore Passanger lists; Ellis Island, Pier 21, etc. Please bring your ideas , thoughts, and comments.

        This will be our last meeting until Septermber.

        See you then

        Donna Kirkwood
        PS  The suggested Topic for September: "Migration: Where did they go?" [or How did you get to be here from Quebec?]
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 13, 2008

          Hi all,

          Was this listed on the websites you put together? http://www.islandnet.com/~jveinot/cghl/quebec.html

          It links to searchable databases, such as the Cotes-de-Neiges Cemetery in Montreal and Quebec, and Eastern Townships Genealogy Includes a 515,000+ name searchable database. Extensive background articles on how to search for your roots in Quebec. Turn of the century maps.

          Lots more.

          If already on your list, this may be a reminder to look at it again!

          Xenia

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 11, 2011
            The Quebec SIG will meet this Saturday, February 12, 12:30-2pm at the AFHS Library.
            ***Note the start time.---to allow those attending the Computer SIG time to get to this meeting.

            Regards
            Donna Kirkwood