Re: British newspapers online

  • Spencer Field
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2008
      There is a new free trial of British Newspapers online and also US and I don't know what else. The following from Oxon mailing list.administrator.

      JISC (the Joint Information Systems Committee) and the British Library, in
      partnership with Gale/Cengage Learning, recently launched their 19th
      century British Library Newspapers website. This project has involved
      digitising many 19th century newspapers, including Jackson's Oxford Journal.

      They are available through academic institiutions, but not, currently, to
      the general public.

      A Senior member of Cengage Learning has now confirmed to me that the trial
      URL http://access.gale.com/gdctrial/ (circulated on various lists in the
      last week or so), though apparently aimed at institutional trials, may also
      be used by the general public to view data - the trial is, though, time
      limited.

      Wendy
      OXF List Admin