CFHC News

  • Wendy Pitcher
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2008

      I would like to notify all AFHS members and fellow genealogists that the Calgary Family History Centre at 2021 – 17th Ave. SW is back after renovations and fully functioning.  Our hours of operation are now Tuesday 9:00am-3:00pm & 7:00-9:30pm; Wednesday 9:00am-3:00pm & 7:00-9:30pm; Saturday 9:00am-noon. We will be closed Saturday March 22 for Easter and also Saturday April 5 for Salt Lake City General LDS Church Conference.

      We also, have an upcoming class that is open to the community:

      March 27, 2008 7:00pm - Researching England Before 1837

      This presentation will give an overview of the record groups that are available to assist you in finding your English ancestors prior to civil registration in 1837. Information about the major record groups (church and probate) will be presented, as well as an introduction to lesser-used sources.  (Presenter: Janice Cushman, AG) Register at www.genwebworks.net/cfhc or call the CFHC during operating hours at 571-3700 or 242-5429 and leave a message.

      Wendy Pitcher, Director CFHC.