PDF readers and converters

  • Charlie Hansen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2008
      During this morning's Computer SIG meeting, Gord Hulbert mentioned
      that he used a program called PrimoPDF to generate PDF files for him.
      You can find it at:

      http://www.primopdf.com/

      Another free program to make PDF files is Go2PDF at:

      http://www.go2pdf.com/product.html

      Adobe Reader v 8.0 has a feature to go online and it will convert
      various source files to PDF for you. From the Adobe Reader V 8 menu:

      File > Create Adobe PDF_Online.

      Adobe have just announced an update to plug a security concern. I
      have been using a viewer called Foxit Reader to see pdf files. It
      has a feature called Typewriter found near the right end of the
      taskbar that you can use to annotate or add markups to the file. I
      use it to fill in census data on blank downloaded pdf census forms
      from Ancestry or elsewere. You can find it at:

      http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

      When you print the modified pdf file with your transcribed or
      annotated data, it will have a small markup in the margin that you
      are using the free version. There are a number of free pdf readers
      available with various features. Some reviewers report that Foxit
      displays are not as sharp as Adobe, but it appears to vary depending
      on your computer. The display looks fine for my use.

      Regards,

      Charlie Hansen
    • familytreasures
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15 11:35 AM