Re: Headstone for Private J Gaunt of Pinchercreek, Alta

  • Robert Boynton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2008
      Helen

      He was a Canadian but his parents were British.

      Casualty Details
      Name: GAUNT, JOHN ALFRED
      Initials: J A
      Nationality: Canadian
      Rank: Private
      Regiment/Service: Canadian Infantry (Alberta Regiment)
      Unit Text: 50th Bn.
      Age: 25
      Date of Death: 13/08/1917
      Service No: 808380
      Additional information: Son of John and Jane Gaunt, of Needingworth,
      Hunts.
      Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
      Cemetery: UPLYME (SS. PETER AND PAUL) CHURCHYARD

      Home | Site Map | Contact Us | Useful Links | Debt of Honour |
      Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Credits
      Here is his family in the 1901 British Census

      Name: John Gaunt
      Age: 3
      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1898
      Relation: Son
      Father's Name: Thomas
      Mother's Name: Jane
      Gender: Male
      Where born: St Ives, Huntingdonshire, England

      Civil Parish: St Ives
      Ecclesiastical parish: Old Hurst St Peter and St Ives All Saints
      and Woodhurst St John the Baptist
      Town: St Ives
      County/Island: Huntingdonshire
      Country: England