Ukrainian SIG Meeting tentatively set for February 9

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2008

      Thanks to those who already responded to being on the Ukrainian SIG list. Also 6 to 10 people from our group have already applied to be on the Village Voice distribution list. Because of the interest shown by Calgary and area Ukrainian family history researchers, the Alberta Ukrainian Genealogical Project is willing to come to Calgary to do a presentation on the pioneers program and also the Western Ukraine Research Project. We have tentatively set Saturday February 9 in the afternoon as the date for this presentation. I need to know how many people are interested, so I can book a suitable meeting place.

      The speaker, David Makowsky who is one of our writers in the January Chinook, has a place to stay in Calgary, but a donation for his travelling expenses (such as gas) would be appreciated. Please email me directly to let me know of your interest in attending such an event. My direct email is president@... with a cc to knowmap@... in case the first email box is too full.

      Xenia Stanford (president@...)

      Editor, Chinook

      SIGS Contact: Ukrainian, French, Métis

      Phone: 295-3490; Fax: 274-0564