Season's greetings

  • Christine Hayes
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2007

      I wish to extend the best wishes of the season to all members of the Alberta Family Histories Society and especially to the volunteers in the Family History Coaching program at the Calgary Public Library.

      In 2007 8 volunteer coaches have donated at least 40 hours of their time (and that’s just time spent at the library) to help 58 customers.  What these numbers mean is that we have provided an outstanding service to a very appreciative group of family historians.  But the time you donate does not just help the customers.  Staff are extremely appreciative to be able to offer a new level of service to researchers and genealogists.  By being able to offer your expert assistance, we have been able to provide a greater level of service, to what is sometimes an under-served segment of our users.  Our staff is more confident in offering help to genealogists because we know we have you as our ultimate resource.

      I also want to extend an extra special thank-you to Heather Jaremko, who has volunteered for every coaching session in 2007.  Thank you for your dedication, Heather.