RE: Spanish Telephone Directory

  • Christine Hayes
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2007
      Hi Alan,

      Infobel has telephone directories for Spain

      http://www.infobel.com/es/spain

      I'm not sure if this will do what the person wants, it really only looks
      up what you ask it to, no variants. A good surname dictionary might be
      what he/she needs instead. Something like the "Dictionary of Surnames"
      by Patrick Hanks and Flavia Hodges gives origins and variants of
      surnames, including variations by country. We have it here at CPL and
      use it a lot for that kind of question.

      Cheers,

      Christine Hayes
      Genealogy and Local History