Re: Spanish Telephone Directory

  • Robert Boynton
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2007
      Here is another website wherease you have the invitation to search by both
      last names at once

      http://www.infobel.com/en/world/Teldir.aspx?url=http://www.paginasblancas.es/

      Rob
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 14, 2007
        Hi Alan,

        Infobel has telephone directories for Spain

        http://www.infobel.com/es/spain

        I'm not sure if this will do what the person wants, it really only looks
        up what you ask it to, no variants. A good surname dictionary might be
        what he/she needs instead. Something like the "Dictionary of Surnames"
        by Patrick Hanks and Flavia Hodges gives origins and variants of
        surnames, including variations by country. We have it here at CPL and
        use it a lot for that kind of question.

        Cheers,

        Christine Hayes
        Genealogy and Local History