AFHS Monthly Meeting Reminder - October 1

  • Marion L. Peterson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2007

      The October Meeting of Alberta Family Histories Society will be held on Monday, October 1 at 7:00 pm at First Christian Reformed Church, 3818 14A Street SW.

      Please note we no longer hold a Basics Session at 6:30 pm.

      We will begin with our business meeting at 7:00 pm, followed by a time for refreshments.

      Have you ever been given family treasures because you are known as the family historian? Our speaker will be Donna Palmer, Development Coordinator for Heritage Park and a professional appraiser. In her presentation, “Something Old; Now What?” she will tell us how to restore, protect, appraise, consign or donate these special items.

      Mark your calendar for this upcoming event!

      Sunday, October 14: Sharon Murphy of the National Institute for Genealogical Studies will present “Analyzing Your Genealogical Documents – What To Do Next” (an intermediate level lecture). This event will be held at the Jenkins Theatre of Mount Royal College from 1:30 to 2:30 pm. Cost: $10. (Tickets will be sold at the meeting during the break.)

      Marion Peterson

      Program Committee Chairperson