Re: Genealogy Charting - ON LINE

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 23, 2007
      Hi All:

      I am finding this stream of messages very interesting.

      As far as I can see no one yet has mentioned the wonderful resource that our AFHS website provides at
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/aids/software.html

      Part of that page provides the best summary of all - Bill Mumford's
      GENEALOGICAL SOFTWARE REPORT CARD

      Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees!!

      Cheers

      BILL

      Mary Arthur wrote:
      I would think that all of the programs would do an adequate job, they could attend a sig meeting or check out the demos.

      If there is only one chart wanted, I would recommend Legacy - its free. http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/ (assuming they are using a windows machine).

      On 21-Sep-07, at 20:08 , Mabel Kiessling wrote:

      Hello Everyone:

      Thank you to those folks that offer suggestions whenever I have a query for which I need help.   Once again, I need some suggestions.  A query is asking what we could recommend for a computer-based genealogy charting system that is both comprehensive and relatively easy to use.  The query has never used any software before.

      Mabel Kiessling
      Queries Volunteer
      Alberta Family Histories Society

      No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.13.28/1023 - Release Date: 9/22/2007 1:27 PM

      --
      WILLIAM CAMPBELL
      CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA