RE: Genealogy Charting

  • Beverley A. Rees
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 23, 2007

      Aloha!  Hi there to all from the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  Being on the Legacy Family Tree Cruise has been fantastic thus far.  AND . . . . . .our class yesterday was a Sneak Preview of Legacy 7.0  The new Charting Program that will be a part of Legacy 7.0 is fantastic.  Version 7.0 has added an integrated Charting Program and this new release should be available before Christmas.  We are looking at our email every few days so if anyone wants to get in touch with us we will be here until October 3rd.

      Bev and Ken Rees

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 23, 2007
        Hi All:

        I am finding this stream of messages very interesting.

        As far as I can see no one yet has mentioned the wonderful resource that our AFHS website provides at
        http://www.afhs.ab.ca/aids/software.html

        Part of that page provides the best summary of all - Bill Mumford's
        GENEALOGICAL SOFTWARE REPORT CARD

        Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees!!

        Cheers

        BILL

        Mary Arthur wrote:
        I would think that all of the programs would do an adequate job, they could attend a sig meeting or check out the demos.

        If there is only one chart wanted, I would recommend Legacy - its free. http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/ (assuming they are using a windows machine).

        On 21-Sep-07, at 20:08 , Mabel Kiessling wrote:

        Hello Everyone:

        Thank you to those folks that offer suggestions whenever I have a query for which I need help.   Once again, I need some suggestions.  A query is asking what we could recommend for a computer-based genealogy charting system that is both comprehensive and relatively easy to use.  The query has never used any software before.

        Mabel Kiessling
        Queries Volunteer
        Alberta Family Histories Society

        No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.13.28/1023 - Release Date: 9/22/2007 1:27 PM

        --
        WILLIAM CAMPBELL
        CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA