Monthly Meeting Reminder - September 10

  • Marion L. Peterson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2007

      The September Meeting of Alberta Family Histories Society will be held on Monday, September 10 at 7:00 pm at First Christian Reformed Church, 3818 14A Street SW.

      Please note we no longer are holding a Basics Session at 6:30 pm.

      We will begin with our business meeting at 7:00 pm, followed by a time for refreshments. The speaker will be Dick Chandler from Salmon Arm, BC. Dick is the Canadian representative for The Guild of One Name Studies. He aims to tell us what a One-Name Study is, why people do them, how they may be able to help you, and why you might find yourself doing one.

      Don’t forget to renew your membership! If you do not renew by September 11, you will not receive the October Chinook. The Membership Committee will have a table in the foyer during our break.

      Registrations will also be taken for our upcoming programs:

      Saturday, September 29 Workshop: Have you written your own personal history yet? In this Saturday morning workshop at the AFHS Library, Tove Ludvigsen will inspire you and give you some tools to do your own personal history. Techniques offered could be adapted to writing the life story of an ancestor. Cost: $5.00.

      Sunday, October 14 Visiting Speaker: Sharon Murphy of the National Institute for Genealogical Studies will present “Analyzing Your Documents to Figure Out Your Next Move” (an intermediate level presentation). This event will be held at the Jenkins Theatre of Mount Royal College from 1:30 to 2:30 pm. Cost: $10.

      Marion Peterson

      Program Committee Chairperson