Translation help needed

  • Carol Lylyk
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6 9:43 AM
      In transcribing the St. Mary's Cemetery we have come across a couple of names that I believe to be possibly Yugoslavic
      or Croatian or ??? I was wondering if possibly anyone subscribing to Distgen would be willing to make a stab at
      translating the monument? These are the names from the burial records but I am unable to say for sure if Barbara is
      the other name on the monument. I can forward a .jpg showing the names.

      Edocs, Barbara
      Edocs, Ferencne

      Thank you.

      Carol Lylyk
    • Joseph Szikora
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9 10:40 AM
        Carol Lylyk wrote:
        > In transcribing the St. Mary's Cemetery we have come across a couple of names that I believe to be possibly Yugoslavic
        > or Croatian or ??? I was wondering if possibly anyone subscribing to Distgen would be willing to make a stab at
        > translating the monument? These are the names from the burial records but I am unable to say for sure if Barbara is
        > the other name on the monument. I can forward a .jpg showing the names.
        >
        > Edocs, Barbara
        > Edocs, Ferencne
        >
        > Thank you.
        >
        > Carol Lylyk

        Hi Carol:

        The names look Hungarian to me. Send me the pictures and I'll have a look
        at them.
        Hungarians being mostly Catholic, most of them were buried in St. Mary's. I
        have may friends buried there.

        Regards,

        Joseph Szikora

        E-Mail addresses: jszikora<at>telus.net
        jszikora<at>alumni.ucalgary.ca
        jszikora<at>yahoo.com
        This E-Mail has been scanned by NORTON Antivirus and it is free of viri.