the AFHS Library is open this summer

  • Lorna Laughton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2007

      Hi Everyone:

      The many AFHS Library volunteers are looking forward to helping you at the Library this summer!

      You will be amazed at the resources for family historians that we have right here in Calgary at 712 – 16th Avenue NW . Besides the material that we have purchased, we have had many very interesting donations. You can look through the printed list of NEWLY CATALOGUED MATERIAL in the white binder. There are a lot of CD’s to look at as well.

      Despite the horror stories about road construction in the NW along 16th Avenue , it is possible to get to the library, using the back lane. The parking lot beside us is currently FREE, and there is street parking on 17th Avenue . Yes, we have water and washroom facilities. Also, we have a coffee maker, kettle, microwave, and an AIR CONDITIONER - all the comforts of home – but better - with lots of genealogical materials.

      This summer we are open every week on THURSDAY 10-2 and SATURDAY 10-2. While Historic Calgary Week is on, we have 2 additional times (see the web site calendar).

      For the next few weeks the volunteers are:

      July 5 Bill Mills & Helen Backhouse , July 7 – June Vermeulen & Ann Williams; July 12 – Bill Mills & Helen Backhouse , July 14 – Marlene Roy & Wilma Sorensen, July 19 – Iola Whiteside and Wilma Sorensen, July 21 – Ishbel Cormack and Pat Senger .

      The AFHS Library committee wishes everyone a genealogically-rewarding summer.

      Linda Murray, Chairperson, Helen Backhouse , Olive Carlin, Lorna Laughton , Donna Kirkwood , and Pat Senger .