Is your family in Alberta for 100+ years?

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2007

      Dick Neufeld, Marg Kent .. others ?

      This note has very little notice, but it may still be of importance or interest to you…

      In kinship,

      Judith Rempel

      MHSA Library & Archives Coordinator

      queries@... and rempel@...

      Mennonite Historical Society of Alberta

      web: www.mennonitehistory.org

      blog: http://mennonites.typepad.com/mennonite_historical_soci/

      Mennonite Genealogical Data Index

       www.mennonites.ca

      June 25, 2007

      Is your family celebrating 100 years in east central Alberta?

      Edmonton… If your ancestors immigrated to east central Alberta more than 100 years ago, you are invited to apply for a Centenary Pioneer Recognition Certificate that will be presented at the Ukrainian Day event on August 12.

      The Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village is presenting Centenary Pioneer Certificates to families of ancestors who settled in east central Alberta in 1907 or earlier.  Families will also be honoured by having the names of their ancestors placed on a permanent Centenary Monument.

      Certificate recipients must complete an application form and return it to the offices of the Centenary Pioneer Recognition Program by June 30.  This year, applications must be accompanied by copies of any documentation that verifies the pioneer’s year of settlement to east central Alberta. To download an application form, visit www.tprc.alberta.ca/heritage and go to the Ukrainian Cultural Village link or to learn more about this program, please visit http://tapor.ualberta.ca/heritagevillage/gene.

      In addition to honouring the families of ancestors who arrived in east central Alberta, it is an opportunity to celebrate Ukrainian Day.  Everyone is welcome to celebrate all things Ukrainian including a “A Taste of Ukraine” food fair, a musical concert, and various exhibits and displays in and around the historic village.

      The Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village is located 25 minutes east of Edmonton along Highway 16.  For more information call (780) 662-3640 or dial 310-0000 for toll-free access or visit www.tprc.alberta.ca/heritage.

      Media enquiries may be directed to:

      Arnold Grandt

      Community and Corporate Relations

      Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village

      (780) 662-3640

      arnold.grandt@...

      To call toll-free within Alberta dial 310-0000.

      David Makowsky

      Coordinator

      Centenary Pioneer Recognition Program

      (780) 431-2324

      AB-Ukraine.genealogy@...

    • familytreasures
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2007

        Hi all,

        This is a sad day for Calgary Genealogist. I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you can no longer access Ancestry.com from home through E-Library at the Calgary Public Library Website.

        Even though it has said “In Library Use Only” in the past I have always been able to gain access from my home computer. Well, needless to say I couldn’t get on today. They have updated their website and now there is no longer a link for Ancesrty.com. It is truly “In Library Use Only” now.

        Genealogically yours,

        Alison  L