RE: Alberta Birth Records

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2007
      The last time I read the details on the AB Govt website, it said that IN
      PROVINCE people had to get their record from an authorized Alberta
      Registries Office (the folks who help you renew your driver's license, etc.
      - all over Calgary). OUT OF PROVINCE people could go to the provincial
      dept.

      The details as to what you have to do to get a record depend on your
      relationship to the person in the record. To get one's own - proof of
      identity likely. For recent records, proof of direct descendancy (in fact
      legislation says one must be THE next of kin). For older records, anyone in
      the public can request/get.

      In kinship,
      Judith Rempel
      MHSA Library & Archives Coordinator