Re: Oh dear - another reason why folks will stop providing family data to researchers

  • Mertie Beatty
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2007
      Hi Ken:

      Some of our "vulnerable" seniors (namely an aunt who refused to share her
      children's birthdates and married names) do pass on. Then at the Memorial
      Service a grandson did share the chronology of what year each child was born
      and where the family were living at that time. (So I took notes
      unobtrusively during the service.) The married names were in the funeral
      bulletin. And I found out that all the cousins were most cooperative in
      sharing their information.

      So all may not be lost when our "vulnerable" relatives hold dearly to their
      information.
      The next generation may provide the data needed.

      Mertie Beatty